Change of Ownership

Per state statue 72-1-2.1.

Upon completion of sale, the new owner of the water right shall file a change of ownership form with the state engineer. The new owner shall record a copy of change of ownership form filed with the state engineer with the clerk of the county in which the water right will be located. This document shows how much water right your property has.

Change of Ownership Check List

Check List (jpg)